To order your replacement maintenance kit for this printer, use the following part: A9556 (Mfr Part #: HP CB388A, CB388-67901)
After installing a maintenance kit, you should reset the printer's "Maintenance Count."
There are two ways to do this, depending on your firmware version.
1. Turn the printer to the "off" position.
2. Power on the printer.
3. Press and hold down the "OK" button while the memory is counting. The memory begins counting at 000MB immediately after you power on the device.
4. Continue to hold down the "OK" button until all three LEDs are illuminated.
5. Release the OK button.
6. Press the up arrow (Navigation) button until the message "New Maintenance Kit" appears on the control panel display. If New Maintenance Kit is not an option then your printer hardware contains an older firmware version (see below).
7. Press the OK button once. Your maintenance counter is reset.
Some of the older firmware versions do not have the "New Maintenance Kit" option mentioned in the above procedure. In this case you can either update the printer's firmware to add this feature or manually reset the maintenance count in the service menu as described below.
1. Enter the Service Menu -- Press the MENU button, and scroll through the list of menus until you see "SERVICE". Press OK.
2. Before you can enter the Service Menu, a blank line will appear on the screen where an access code will be required:
On a LaserJet P4014, the access code is 05401408
On a LaserJet P4015, the access code is 05401508
On a LaserJet P4515, the access code is 05451508
3. Enter the code and press OK.
4. The Service Menu should now appear. Scroll through the list of options until you see "Maintenance Count." Press OK.
5. Change the current maintenance count to "0" by pressing the number "0", then pressing the "OK" button.
To confirm this, you can print an Information page.