Changing the pickup roller
If the printer regularly mispicks (no media feeds through or more than one sheet feeds through), you may need to change or clean the pickup roller.
Failure to complete this procedure could cause damage the printer.
1) Unplug the power cord from the printer, and allow the printer to cool.
2) Open the toner door, and remove the toner cartridge.
3) Find the pickup roller.
4) Release the small white tabs on either side of the pickup roller, and rotate the pickup roller toward the front.
5) Gently pull the pickup roller up and out.
6) Position the new or cleaned part in the slot of the previous pickup roller.
Circular and rectangular pegs on each side prevent you from incorrectly positioning the pickup roller.
7) Rotate the top of the new pickup roller away from you until both sides snap into place.
8) Reinstall the toner cartridge, and close the toner door.
9) Plug the printer in to turn it back on.