Also Applies To:
HP Color LaserJet 4610, HP Color LaserJet 4650
Included with Maintenance Kit:
(1) Complete fuser assembly
(1) Pickup roller
(1) Separation pad for tray 1
(2) Pickup rollers for tray 2.
Tools Required For Installation:
(1) Phillips Screwdriver
(1) Standard or Flat Blade Screwdriver
(1) Pair of latex gloves.
Turn the power off and unplug the power cord from the printer.
Caution: If you have been using the printer, the fuser section will be hot. Please allow the fuser to cool for at least 30 minutes before removing it.
Removing the Fuser:
- Using the side handles, open the top cover.
- Locate the two blue thumb screws and completely loosen both thumb screws to release the fuser.
- Grasp the ends of the fuser and pull it straight up and out of the printer.
Installing the Fuser:
- Remove the new fuser from the anti-static bag.
- Grasp the sides of the fuser and align the fuser into the empty fuser slot in the printer.
- Push the fuser firmly into the printer.
- Tighten the two blue thumb screws to lock the fuser into place.
Removing the Tray Two Pick-Up Roller & Separation Pad:
- Remove the paper tray from the printer and any remaining paper in the tray.
- Locate the two white locking clips on the top (close to the front of the paper tray). Twist the two lock pins to unlock them.
- Once both white locking clips are unlocked, lift them up from the paper tray and remove them.
- Gently rotate the front cover forward and downward to release it from the two tabs holding the bottom of the front cover in place.
- Remove the front cover of the paper tray to access the Tray two Pick-Up Roller.
- Locate the blue roller snap on the paper tray (below the Tray two Pick-Up Roller). Using a small standard screwdriver, gently push the blue roller snap down to release the Tray two Pick-Up Roller.
- Remove the Tray two Pick-Up Roller from the paper tray (by pulling it straight up and out)
- Locate the separation pad directly below the Tray two Pick-Up Roller. With a small standard screwdriver push outward.
- Pry the separation pad up and pull forward to remove it.
Installing the Tray Two Pick-Up Roller & Separation Pad:
- Install the new separation pad. Press down firmly on both sides to lock the pad into place.
- Install the new Tray two Pick-Up Roller onto the shaft. Press the blue roller snap firmly to lock the pickup roller into place.
- To replace the front cover of the paper tray, line up the slots on the bottom of the front cover with the tabs on the bottom of the paper tray. Next, rotate the front cover upward and into place. Finally, reinstall the two white locking clips and twist them until they lock.
Removing the Tray Two Cassette Pick-Up Rollers:
- Open the top cover.
- Grasp the green handle on the transfer unit and pull it down. The front cover will open as you pull down the transfer unit.
- Remove all four of the toner cartridges by grasping the blue handles on each side of the toner cartridge and pulling them straight out of the printer.
- Locate the Tray Two Cassette Pick-Up Rollers which you will find locked onto the metal shaft. Grasp either of the two Pick-Up Rollers firmly and pull up to unclip from the shaft.
- Remove the Pick-Up Roller from the printer. Repeat the process for the other Pick-Up Roller.
Installing the Tray Two Cassette Pick-Up Rollers:
- Install a new Pick-Up Roller onto the metal shaft by lining up the peg on the bottom of the roller with either of the holes on the metal shaft.
- Press the new Pick-Up Roller firmly until it snaps into place. Repeat the process for the second roller.
Complete the installation:
- Install all 4 toner cartridges
- Grasp the green handle on the transfer unit and pull it straight up.
- Close the top cover.
Resetting the fuser count after installing the maintenance kit:
- Press (Checkmark button) to enter the MENUS.
- Press (Down Arrow button) to highlight CONFIGURE DEVICE.
- Press (Checkmark button) to select CONFIGURE DEVICE.
- Press (Down Arrow button) to highlight RESETS.
- Press (Checkmark button) to select RESETS.
- Press (Down Arrow button) to highlight RESET SUPPLIES.
- Press (Checkmark button) to select RESET SUPPLIES.
- Press (Down Arrow button) to highlight NEW FUSER KIT.
- Press (Checkmark button) to select NEW FUSER KIT.
- Press (Down Arrow button) to highlight YES.
- Press (Checkmark button) to reset the fuser count.