To order your replacement for this drum refer to part number: P3940
When replacing an imaging drum, do not leave the toner cartridge or the new imaging drum exposed to direct light for an extended period of time. Extended light exposure can cause print quality problems.
- Open the front cover by pressing the button on the left side of the printer and lowering the cover.
- Pull the toner cartridge assembly out of the printer by pulling on the toner cartridge handle.
- Remove the toner cartridge:
- Unpack the new imaging drum.
- Install the toner cartridge into the new toner cartridge assembly by aligning the white rollers on the toner cartridge with the white arrows on the tracks of the imaging drum and pushing the toner cartridge in as far as it will go. The cartridge clicks into place when correctly installed.
- Install the toner cartridge assembly into the printer by aligning the green arrows on the guides of the toner cartridge assembly with the green arrows on the tracks in the printer and pushing the toner cartridge assembly in as far as it will go.
- After you replace the imaging drum, you should reset the imaging drum’s counter. To reset the counter, press and hold the Cancel button until all lights flash in sequence.
- Close the front cover.
Do not press the button on the toner cartridge assembly.
Place the toner cartridge assembly on a flat, clean surface.
Press the button on the base of the toner cartridge assembly.
Pull the toner cartridge up and out using the handle.
Resetting the imaging drum's counter without replacing the imaging drum may damage your printer and void your warranty.